Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Church Series - A Warm Welcome


Downtown Birmingham's First United Methodist Church has added some great red doors. A warm welcome indeed.


For my Birmingham area readers I will be offering another series of photography classes. Designed for amateur photographers with any type digital/film camera who want to be more creative and learn to take better family and vacation photos.

Community Education South
April 18-May 16
6:00-8:00 PM

For more information:
Contact me at virgjones@gmail.com

10 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Love the light and shadows in this one. Nice!

Jilly said...

Why am I surprised to see a red door on a church? But I am. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Same here about the red door. Unexpected.

Virg, I'd give anything to take your class, but the commute would kill me.

Thérèse said...

For warm IT IS warm!

Birdman said...

A very pleasant doorway with shadows today.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Aaaaah red of course!
But it's your new banner I'm falling in love with. Just gorgeous!

Bob Crowe said...

Were it not for the inscription inside the arch, I'd expect Indiana Jones to come bursting through these doors at any moment.

Gunn said...

Great LIGHT, and a nice composition in this beautiful image.

Kim said...

I'm wondering if that is a nation-wide trend in UM churches. All the older UM buildings in Seattle seem to have bright red doors, as well.
I love that filtered dappled light on the stairs!
-Kim

Tim said...

Red Doors signify that the Church is Protestant. Many Episcopal, Presbyterian, and other ornate English/American Protestant Churches use the color red.
Roman Catholic Churches use green. This is especially important in Northern Ireland, Britain and in the United States.
I just read this in a book once.